-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Republicans in the Presidential election have won VA for what the past 20 some years I think? This year it is obviously a battleground state and IMO SWVA will decide who gets it.
And I dont think that the sexist comment would have much to it, since the other half of Dems were for Hilary and around 80% thought Obama shouldve chose her as his running mate.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not saying everyone around here is, but IMO thats one of the main reasons that people around this area and areas similar wouldnt vot for someone like Obama. There are some on here [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] </div></div>
Keep 'em coming Skippy...
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prove it wrong then. </div></div>
How would one disprove something so obviously grounded in logic and factual observation.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I said obviously in the post didnt I?
Btw since you said that post was so true, you are agreeing that one of the main reasons why people around here wont vote for Obama is because they are narrow-minded hickasses? Like you always say, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I believe from now on I will vote opposite of whoever Raider13 does. That way I'll know I'm making the right decision [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEC_Football</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe from now on I will vote opposite of whoever Raider13 does. That way I'll know I'm making the right decision [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>
good plan....
he is the classic obama supporter....
never paid a dime of income tax, but has a great idea where it all should go.....
not sure what kinda change, but knows we need some....for better or worse....
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
From an original Ron Paul supporter, I know that tax money shouldnt be wasted.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
that wasn't personally toward you anyway raider, just the obama crowd in general......
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From an original Ron Paul supporter, I know that tax money shouldnt be wasted.</div></div>
Ah horseshit. No one knew who Paul was until I made Helton show some videos to everyone.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Wrong, I was watching him on the debates before Helton even showed us Andy Griffith.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
i'm going to have to call BS on that. The only person who knew who I was talking about was zak.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Call BS all you want, I watched and kept up with the debates and primaries more than you and him put together. You know this.
Btw I was gonna get you a ticket today if they had em.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEC_Football</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe from now on I will vote opposite of whoever Raider13 does. That way I'll know I'm making the right decision [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>
good plan....
he is the classic obama supporter....
never paid a dime of income tax, but has a great idea where it all should go.....
not sure what kinda change, but knows we need some....for better or worse....
</div></div>
Don't forget he's never even voted or been involved with an election, but he is a political strategist/expert. Maybe after this farce of an election is over he'll see that neither one is worth a [censored].
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEC_Football</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe from now on I will vote opposite of whoever Raider13 does. That way I'll know I'm making the right decision [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>
good plan....
he is the classic obama supporter....
never paid a dime of income tax, but has a great idea where it all should go.....
not sure what kinda change, but knows we need some....for better or worse....
</div></div>
Don't forget he's never even voted or been involved with an election, but he is a political strategist/expert. Maybe after this farce of an election is over he'll see that neither one is worth a [censored].</div></div>
You may be right, but at least he's giving it an effort to do the research. Sort through the BS and try his best to find the facts on the issues. Doing so he can formulate his own opinion so he can use his American right to vote. I find that admirable, especially coming from today's youth.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Agreed. My only problem with him is his smart ass comments to anyone who disagrees. Nowadays, everyone is on his ass and they don't give him a chance, they just rip him as soon as he posts. He made an ass out of himself from day one, he seems to have calmed some since then though. He's shouting his own opinion so loud all the time, he never gets the other side or respects anything anyone else says. I voted for Clinton twice, so it's not like I'm some staunch republican. I'd rather see Clinton in there again that either of these two worthless clowns running now. I respect McCain for his military service, I find nothing redeeming in Obama.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From an original Ron Paul supporter, I know that tax money shouldnt be wasted. </div></div>
Then why in the hell would you vote for Obama? Dems are the masters of waste.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Well I am going by the first 10 years of my life, 8 with clinton of course and then the last 8 with Bush. And that has told me otherwise.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I am going by the first 10 years of my life, 8 with clinton of course and then the last 8 with Bush. And that has told me otherwise. </div></div>
Come on, man. Who's whispering in your ear? Liberal teachers? A disgruntled parent? You're an emotional guy, which tells me your decisions aren't based on fact. I was 19 years old and voted for the first time - me and my dad. He made sure I voted for Carter. Big turnout, hour and a half wait, Carter decides to concede with me and my dad still in line. I still voted for who is undoubtedly the worse president this country has ever had. Thnik for yourself. I saw the light and voted for reagan in 84 - in my family's eyes, I would have been better off had I committed murder.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call BS all you want, I watched and kept up with the debates and primaries more than you and him put together. You know this.
Btw I was gonna get you a ticket today if they had em.
</div></div>
I don't know about him, but I had been keeping tabs on Paul since June of '07. Just throwing it out there.
I appreciate the thought, but I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Anniversary with the lady friend is tomorrow.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I hope Tricky Rick goes down in flames next election. Hope Wampler decides to run.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
In all honesty, which I know you wont believe it but nobody is. In HS we only talked about politics in maybe 2 classes and no teacher would lean one way with us or tell us which side or candidate they were for. They never pressed anything on us and so far in college we have talked about it once in class and the professor just asked what were our thoughts were and then class was over in about 5 minutes. As for my parents, both mother and stepfather have never voted in their lives and for that matter my unlce, aunt grandfather and grandmother havent ever voted either. No one in my family really is into politics, they couldnt care less really. I am the only one that cares, they would rather not hear about it when I bring it up. So nobody has been telling me anything to sway me one way or the other, I have just come to my own conclusions.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdbuckeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call BS all you want, I watched and kept up with the debates and primaries more than you and him put together. You know this.
Btw I was gonna get you a ticket today if they had em.
</div></div>
I don't know about him, but I had been keeping tabs on Paul since June of '07. Just throwing it out there.
I appreciate the thought, but I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Anniversary with the lady friend is tomorrow. </div></div>
Heard about that, congrats bro. But celebrating 9 months might turn into a bad idea [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Those gfs are bad news, I thought I taught you that friends with benefits is the only way to go lol
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Heard about that, congrats bro. But celebrating 9 months might turn into a bad idea [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Those gfs are bad news, I thought I taught you that friends with benefits is the only way to go lol</div></div>
Ah, I'm happy. Leave me alone. hahah
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, reminds me of why the guns and religion stereotype fits the folks in this region... </div></div>
That comment was never said about people from sw Va. as the "Anointed One" said that wholely about all of rural Pennsylvania where hunting is more than 10 times as prevalent than this region by a landslide while the two areas are equal in religion but the "Anointed One" had no clue what he was talking about speaking about the vast majority of Pennsylvania just like pretty much every issue he talks about.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, reminds me of why the guns and religion stereotype fits the folks in this region... </div></div>
That comment was never said about people from sw Va. as the "Anointed One" said that wholely about all of rural Pennsylvania where hunting is more than 10 times as prevalent than this region by a landslide while the two areas are equal in religion but the "Anointed One" had no clue what he was talking about speaking about the vast majority of Pennsylvania just like pretty much every issue he talks about. </div></div>
He wasnt saying that comment was about swva, he was just talking about the same stereotype that fits this part of VA...and there is definitely some truth to it.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Its being aired live on channel 5 right now for those interested.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Ok the only truth that he seems to sprew that is even close to being "up front" as he says he is was the part of the school's standardized tests which has made for dumbing down of the schools and unprepared kids when they enter the college ranks...other than that area Obama must have went to some far out economics classes that is for sure!!!
All the rhetoric about the middle class being worse off with all the Bush Tax Cuts...well I don't know what middle class he has been living in but the one that I have went through with the tax cuts is far better for my family financially than it ever was during Clinton's high tax period!!!
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Im voting Obama. Who hates me?
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Wait, you are saying you are better off now than you were then???
So you're that 1% person. Nice to meet one. I thought it was like a bigfoot or something, you always hear about it, but figure it has to be a hoax.
But hey don't let the US debt, the US economy, the gas prices, etc etc etc concern you at all, since whatever middle class family you are with obviously is the exception, not the rule.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I still don't know who I'm voting for. I like McCain, or I liked McCain, when he didn't seem to be suckling to get some of Bush's power people behind him.
I don't really think Obama is that great, I think he's a good talker but have yet to really hear his solutions and he lost a lot of ground with me with his former preacher.
Right now, I'm thinking about voting for Walter (see Duham, Jeff)
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im voting Obama. Who hates me?</div></div>
I do. You're terrible. Has nothing to do with Obama though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I wouldn't call making about $40k a year being in the 1% or even close but I do know my family's finances and the tax cuts have helped us do better each year end of story!!!!
Just going back to the pre cut rates isn't going to help the "every day" person that pretty much everyone on this local board is.
I didn't like McCain at all all through the Primary process as he is as close to a Democrat as you can but would hate to see just how bad off the country will be with the alternative and all of the socialist programs that will kill what economy we have (allbeit not great now but will get better).
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Well IMO Obama just won some, nvm I mean alot of votes in this area. Good speech, good to see the turnout there...seen a lot of older people, anybody else see the old fella that grabbed him and hugged him to death when he walked in? lol I think he made some things clear for those around here that didnt know too much about him or where he stands on issues like guns. I think it helped to have Cecil Roberts there supporting him also, IMO this stop in Leb will help him tons come November.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
The economy will not get better under McCain because supply-side economics do not work in a capitalistic system like we have. Not knocking capitalism, but giving up top and hoping it trickles down isn't an economic policy--it's like expecting a wish to come true for you to win the lottery from tossing a penny down the wishing well--it just throwing money somewhere and hoping it works. Supply-side economics assumes that a capitalistic business entity who's out to make money on the bottom line is going to pass their business savings down to their employees and they're going to see greater benefits & higher pay--when a great majority of American businesses aren't going to do that. If they get money, it lines the upper-eschalon's pockets, not the middle-class workers.
Read up in between jobs on what Republican economics is all about, then complain. Spend money, send us into more debt via wars and business stimulus, thusly weakening the dollar, and cut corporate taxes so less income comes into the government--give the middle class a $600 rebate check to shut them up and keep them from complaining too much, make people so economically unstable that they have to listen to you and do whatever you say, and milk it for all it's worth so you reap the benefits once you leave office.
Anyone ever think that the reason taxes are cut for the rich while Republican presidents are in office is because once they get out and get their personal holdings out of their blind trust that they're going to be in those upper tax brackets that they just cut taxes for??? It's not a coincidence people...
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im voting Obama. Who hates me?</div></div>
I do. You're terrible. Has nothing to do with Obama though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]</div></div>
I knew I could count on you. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
If you make that much and you are better off, I wanna know what you're making money in. When pretty much every single cost has went up, groceries, gas, power, medical, etc etc
As much as I like the stimulus check, and it was great, because I used it to get tires on 2 cars, not exactly sure how that solved the countries economic issues, it wasn't a solution, and actually if gas hasn't doubled in priced in the last couple years, I probably wouldnt have got new tires trying to get better gas mileage
Let's not overlook one thing, when the public debt was listed and it being up what was it, $6000 per person since 2000. That is also based on more people, since the population still grows.
Do I think Obama has the solutions?? Nope. Do I think McCain does? Nope. Do I really think either is going to make a difference quickly? Nope. Do I want to send what I think is an endorsement of the way things have been going for the last 8 years? Nope.